At our very core, we are a team united by the vision and desire to build great products and user experiences. The principles below echo our “why” and so serve as pilot lights which we aim to uphold in order to be the best that we can be, both as individuals and as part of a collective, within our own and other teams. These principles are further guided by fundamental values which are baked into our culture. These are our brand promises.
Deliver surprising joy. What we make people feel is just as important as what we make.
Be thoughtful, deliberate, and act with purpose. Everything that we do, we do for a reason.
Stay proactive - choose to take action. Be accountable to your own standards and those of your peers.
Go above and beyond. We are here to do the best work of our lives and have the best time doing it.
Keep growing, building and discovering. Never settle for only what you know today.
25 Guiding Principles
- We only take on work that we feel highly competent and confident in delivering.
- We commit to doing our best work alongside passionate people and organisations. No passion no point.
- We strive to both impress and inspire customers of our service and users of our work.
- We endeavour to make high-velocity, yet high-quality, decisions. We don’t value perfection over moving fast.
- We choose quality over quantity every time, unless we have good reason not to.
- We don’t apologise for holding strong opinions that we believe to be in the best interest of a business or product.
- We value purpose over opportunity. We believe that innovation should stem from real needs and have a positive impact in our world.
- We strive to remain adaptive to an ever changing technological landscape. Adhering to the mantra: evolve or dissolve.
- Though we are optimistic, we remain vigilant and always maintain a sense of urgency.
- We strive to build delightful, meaningful and quality products and user experiences.
- We aim to keep delivering value to drive business goals, growth and visions.
- We aim to communicate as clearly, effectively, fast and often as we can – always.
- We aim to keep improving ourselves and always push the boundaries of our personal and professional growth.
- While we understand that trust is earned, we firmly believe that respect should always be granted, regardless of circumstance.
- We absolutely reject complacency.
- We aim to make decisions based on a healthy mix of research, data and opinion. We do not evangelize. We seek objectivity and remain vigilant to our own and others’ biases.
- We value the long game. We honour consistent progress over one hit wonders.
- While we value results over effort, we honour effort every time.
- We always seek to understand. We listen – truly listen – and then talk to a ratio of 2:1.
- We aim to foster a community of sharing and learning, lest it be from our mistakes, or better yet from our accomplishments. We don’t value experience over ability and desire to learn.
- We aim to provide a positive, pleasant, diligent and professional working relationship with our peers. While we may be candid when necessary, we’re always kind.
- We work with people we like. Valuing vision over paycheck with our clients and integrity over ability with our colleagues.
- We understand that continued success for our clients means success for us. While their problems are our problems, their victories are likewise our victories.
- “Stick the landing”. We commit to always finishing as strong as what we start.
- We aim to have as much fun as is healthy in doing what we love.